Torch Industries Ltd. is proud to offer one of the finest industrial remote camp catering services. Our team of Red Seal Certified staff have the expertise and skills to create a first-class remote catering experience for the client. Torch’s remote camp catering creates a level of comfort that will exceed workers’ expectations and ensure employee retention. Our range of hospitality services include work-camp staffing and management, culinary services, utility services, communications and maintenance, snow removal, event coordination and lifestyle programs.
Torch is currently recruiting for an Enhanced General/Helper Combo role to assist with COVID19 sensitization and procedures in the remote fire camps.
Specific responsibilities of this person shall include:
Regular Scheduled Meal Hours
Assist with providing behind the line meal service to camp residents as follows during regular scheduled meal hours:
- All plate service remains being served by Torch Industries Ltd. staff from behind the line.
- Distribution of self-serve food items including condiments to prevent sharing among camp residents.
- Coffee, tea, hot water, or similar beverage types to be served by Torch Industries Ltd. catering staff to prevent sharing.
- Self-serve snacks to be served individually by Torch Industries Ltd. to prevent sharing.
- All Torch Industries Ltd. staff shall have required PPE and sanitation practices in place and followed during all meal service times
- Disposable cutlery available
Additional “Snack Time Service”
Snack time service shall be provided daily at a time determined by the forestry appointed camp supervisor.
- The one-hour period will ensure that all crew members have readily available access to snacks, coffee, tea, or hot water. Items shall be served from behind the line to ensure prevention of sharing practices will remain in place.
All Torch Industries Ltd. employees shall have the required PPE and sanitation practices in place and followed during all meal service times.
Enhanced Workplace Cleaning
To ensure workplace and camp cleaning practices remain in place this individual will assist with enhance cleaning between meal and snack times throughout the day. Focus of cleaning shall be:
- Assist in the on-going cleaning and disinfecting of possible contaminated surface in common areas. Including but not limited to kitchen, dining areas, living and common areas.
- Frequent disinfecting of high touch services such as countertops, faucets, door handles, light switches, chair arm rests, shared computers (if applicable), microwave and refrigerator handles, etc.
All additional sanitation performed by the individual will be documented in addition to sanitation logs already completed to ensure transparency of duties being performed by Torch Industries Ltd. and compliance with OH&S requirements for proof of sanitation documentation.
- Excellent attention to details with emphasis on quality
- Time management – essential to meet daily expectation based on workloads and site layout to meet contractual commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – tactful, mature demeanor with well-developed skills and the ability to work well with diverse personalities
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills and writing skills
- Remote Camp experience is an asset & preferred
- Equivalent and related experience greater than 3 years
- Awareness of industrial kitchen equipment and operations is beneficial
- Awareness of the 3 sink method
- Able to handle lifting up to 50lbs, bending and standing for extended periods of time
- Professional client & co-worker relations
- Provincially recognized Basic Food Safe
- First Aid, Standard (2 day course) is preferred for remote locations
- Skill specific training is an asset
- The ability to deploy from Edmonton, AB within 24 hours
- Reliable, dependable, trustworthy and attentive to details is extremely important
- Be available for a 3/1 rotation (3 weeks on, 1 week off)
- Be available and willing to potentially work 1 week relief positions at varying camps over the course of a 3 week period
Job Type: Full-time
- Janitorial: 1 year (Required)
- Remote Camp kitchen: 1 year (Required)
- Food Safety Certificate (Required)
- Standard First Aid (Required)